Decision-makers at all levels increasingly must rely on verifiable data, presented in a clear, concise manner to the satisfaction of all stakeholders. In this burgeoning field, sophisticated data management and modeling techniques, in conjunction with strong industry knowledge, are the keys to providing meaningful analytics. The Quantitative Services practice provides thoughtful decision-making tools for management through complex data analysis, claim allocation modeling, and data-extraction services. Experienced staff members are dedicated to providing superior quantitative services with an emphasis on presenting results in a manner most useful to the clients’ needs. Allocation modeling services have been provided to insurers, reinsurers, claims counsel and others for various types of claims, including asbestos, hazardous waste, lead, chemical, intellectual property and professional liability.
- Allocation modeling to support settlement negotiations, cost-share agreements and post settlement allocations in support of reinsurance recoveries.
- Detailed data analysis using complex reporting software to provide loss and exposure statistics and trending.
- Employment of dynamic models and the decision tree approach to provide a range of settlement outcomes and a sensitivity analysis for identifying key issues from a financial impact perspective.
- Custom data-extraction techniques to gather important information from non-traditional data sources such as paper files, imaged documents or the Web.
- Design and maintain custom applications developed in .Net/Access.
- Assistance by staff to support arbitration or litigation efforts including testifying as expert witnesses on data analysis and allocation services.
- Account reconciliation services to quantify insurers’ payments and verify proper allocation to policies to support policy exhaustion and effectuate reinsurance recoveries.