Alan Gray LLC, a Premia Company, is a rapidly expanding international insurance and financial services firm headquartered in Boston, MA. We are seeking a Director of Legal Auditing who possesses strong experience with legal claims analysis, auditing and resolution of high dollar, complex litigation. The ideal candidate is a multi-tasker, who can supervise a team of auditors, grasps significant legal concepts, and convey results to internal and external stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work with a small but growing company.
• Must have a JD required and 3-4 years’ experience with legal auditing.
• Effective communication skills both oral and written.
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Must be exhibit flexibility and be able to manage multiple tasks.
• Strong ability using Microsoft office Suite.
• Some travel may be required.
Legal Auditor 65%
• Develop a protocol for each unique project; discussion with counsel and client required.
• Review all relevant documentation including that of the client, counsel and any adverse parties for financial exposure and understanding.
• Research legal and factual issues as applicable.
• Conduct analysis and author reports summarizing audit findings.
• Review audit findings and negotiate settlements with all involved stakeholders.
• Testifying at trial, mediations or arbitrations may be required.
• Maintain ongoing interactions with clients, attorneys, paralegals, billing support staff, and third-party administrators, as necessary.
• Supervise, train, and manage attorney legal bill auditors and support staff.
• Establish clarity for proper billing practices and procedures where needed.
• Create strategies to improve team productivity and efficiency.
• Oversee internal claim database development and ongoing database management.
• Coordinate and conduct panel counsel audits of billable time to promote accuracy and completeness.
New Business Development 10%
• Secure new business opportunities
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to Careers@alangray.com