The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for writing code to build and modify software, fix errors, add new functionality for performance improvements and upgrade interfaces. The Senior Software Engineer will direct system testing and validation procedures, assist with technical issues including but not limited to software system design, application errors and maintenance and collaborate with internal and external clients on technical issues and fixes. To be successful in this role the ideal candidate requires extensive knowledge of programming languages and an exceptional understanding of the software development life cycle. The salary range listed for this position will be $140,000 to $150,000.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering and 7-10 years of study equivalent work experience.
• Strong knowledge of the software development life cycle
• Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
• Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment.
• Demonstrated ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
• Must be security focused on all code delivery.
• Creativity is always a plus.
• Must display experience multi-tasking with multiple software development projects at once.
• Must be able to work individually and within a team framework.
Technical Skills Required:
• Cold Fusion Development and Administration; AJAX; Java Script; SQL PL/SQL; SAP Business; Objects; GitLab or other source control/development management app; MS SQL Server Mgmt. Studio
Software development and maintenance 75%
• Modifying software to fix errors, add new functionality, improve performance, and upgrade interfaces.
• Assist with system testing and validation procedures.
• Responsible for application development to ensure code meets or exceeds security standards and perform extensive testing for penetration failure and threat assessments.
• Maintain ongoing contact with product managers and stay up to date on system limitations, upgrades, and capabilities to always ensure peak system performance.
• Analyze information and provide recommendations as needed, outline the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems.
Client consulting 20%
• Consult with departments and customers on project status and proposals.
• Collaborate with customers and departments on technical issues including software system design, application errors and maintenance.
• Consult with product manager(s) and operation staff in the evaluation process for software modifications, specifications development and performance requirements.
• Partner with internal groups to assist with departmental development needs where required.
Reporting and Documenting 5%
• Prepare and provide reports on programming project specifications, activities, and status updates as a tracking mechanism.
• Direct software programming and documentation development for Standard Operating Procedures
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to Careers@alangray.com Alan Gray LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For inquiries on employment opportunities with Alan Gray LLC, please contact email@example.com.